Friday, February 12, 2010

Fútbol Americano

So as I said, I attended a Superbowl fiesta on Sunday night at a bar. We brought food (bread, guacamole, and salsa) and had a great time. Apparently, people down the street could hear us cheering. The cheering was kind of a joke because most of the people there weren't from the U.S., so it was their way of impersonating how Americans like to yell at TV screens. It was even more ironic that there was this ex-Marine from Texas there who kept hitting the TV screen because he was so angry with how the game was going (he also had some opinions of French people). We just brushed him off our shoulders and continued to enjoy ourselves. I uploaded pictures below. Monday I had class, per usual, took my normal siesta, and then went and bought a cell phone finally. It's really expensive to make international phone calls so I'm only using it to call people here. But I do have skype, email, and this blog to keep in touch with everyone. My skype name is bsburgess in case you don't have it. Tuesday, my roommate Yvan took my to my university's (La Universidad Católica de Córdoba- UCC) other campus that's a bit farther away. We had to take a bus (5 pesos roundtrip) and it's about a 20 minute ride. It was nice learning how to get there because chances are I might have classes there. It was a very nice campus with lots and lots of space, which is a bit different from USF. I'll take pictures next time I go so you can see them. Wednesday, Patrick and myself worked on our presentation for Thursday. We presented on the different neighborhoods of San Francisco. It went really well and made me miss SF a lot. We also went to an asado (barbeque) Wednesday at our friend Loic's new pad. It's super cool with a terrace on the roof. We also went to a club after, but I only stayed for a little bit. Thursday, the girls in my class and me spent the afternoon and most of the night at Patrick's place eating, drinking Quilmes/Brahma (the brand of beer here), and studying for our exam that we had today. Funny story: my friend Kelsey left Patrick's and then called us all flustered because a bird pooped on her head. So she came back to Patrick's and washed her hair. It was quite a scene. Our teacher reassured her today that in Argentina, people consider it good luck if a bird poops on your head. Kelsey replied that she's going to get a BB Gun and show them "good luck" (I guess that's how people from the South handle things). Today we had our exam, which was muy facil (very easy). After, we went to the Jesuit Crypts. It's a place that they found not too long ago where they would bury the bones of Jesuits and pray. The Jesuits have a huge influence on Córdoba. There was a lot of controversy over where the Jesuits could bury their dead and I think at one point they had to remove the bones. Feel free to look up more info if you're interested, because all I know is that the place looked cool. My friends took photos so I'll try and steal theirs sometime soon and post them. Okay I have to get ready to go out. I plan to go to a few museums and churches this weekend so hopefully there will be some good updates on Sunday night, or Monday because we're having an anti-enamorados fiesta Sunday night. I hope this blog finds everyone well and that you're all enjoying yourselves in whatever part of the world that you may be in :)


3 comments:

  1. haha i like how intense you look in that picture. nice acting ;-)
    i'm also glad you're having good times with southerners, not that they could ever replace me though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yooooo u be laggin on the bloggin.....

    ReplyDelete